Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Voices Unite: An initiative of In On Africa (Pty) Ltd (IOA)
These are the Terms and Conditions that will govern your use of our digital platform and provide information about the platform. When you create a Voices Unite account and/or use the platform, you agree to these terms.
IOA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace the Terms and Conditions, or change, suspend, or discontinue the platform (including without limitation, the availability of any feature or content) at any time by posting a notice on the platform.
We want our platform to be as open and inclusive as possible but we also want it to be secure and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to be part of the Voices Unite community.
- You must be between 18-34 years old on date of sign-up
- You must live in South Africa
These are non-negotiable warranties by you.
This is a binding legal agreement between you and IOA. You must read these terms in their entirety. This agreement contains warranty and liability disclaimers. By using the platform, you accept and agree to these terms, including any and all restrictions posted via the platform, without any modification, addition or deletion. If you do not agree to or cannot comply with the terms contained in this agreement in their entirety, you are not authorised to use the platform or participate in the Voices Unite initiative or benefit therefrom. Please note you may be denied access to the platform with or without prior notice to you, for noncompliance with any provision of this agreement.
- All Rights Reserved
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
We may terminate your access to the Site, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account.
• Notice of termination and discarding of data subject information must be given
• A breakdown of what will be discarded should also be given
All provisions of this Agreement that, by their nature, should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
- Rights and obligations of the Participants
- You commit to actively participate in filling out the questionnaires.
- You agree to provide true and accurate answers to the questions in the surveys. Unreliable and inconsistent with the truth answering constitutes a violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- You have the right to discontinue your participation in the Voices Unite initiative at any point.
- You accept that your participation in the Voices Unite initiative, subject to the Terms and Conditions, constitutes a contract in terms of which IOA shall be entitled to the use of your personal information for the purpose(s) as disclosed for the Voices Unite initiative.
- Terms of access
By accessing and using the platform, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, by accessing the platform, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable.
- 1. How to use the platform?
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account for yourself
- Do not share your password with anyone
- Do not give access to your account details to others
- 2. What can you do on the platform?
You can share your views and opinions on the Voices Unite platform through the following ways:
- Completing all surveys listed on the dashboard
- Engaging with your colleagues on the discussions page
- Commenting on our blog content
- 3. You may not use the platform to:
- Provide information that is false
- Infringe or violate other people engaging on the platform
- Upload viruses or anything that could disable or impair the proper working of the platform
- Attempt to access data you do not have permission to access
- Use or attempt to use this platform for any purpose not authorized by IOA in writing
A violation of the above provisions warrants removal or restriction of your access to the platform in the sole and absolute discretion of IOA.
- System Security
Personal information must be kept secure against the risk of loss, unlawful access, interference, modification, unauthorized destruction and disclosure.
- Interactive Areas
We may provide access to interactive areas on the Sites or through the platform, such as chats and discussion boards, user content areas and talk forums (collectively identified as “Interactive Areas”). These Interactive Areas are public areas and may be owned, operated and/or managed by entities other than IOA. These entities may share transcripts of Interactive Areas with IOA, its Affiliates and other third parties. Visitors must follow all posted guidelines for Interactive Areas. To the extent there is a conflict between the rules of an Interactive Area and the Terms herein, the rules of the Interactive Area will govern.
IOA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any content, chats, discussion boards or any other content posted through the platform. Postings are the responsibility of the person from whom such postings originate. You represent and warrant that you are the owner of, have the right to provide, and are responsible for any information, materials or images that originate from you or your account and that are emailed, posted, uploaded, transmitted or otherwise made available for access, viewing or use over this website, in Interactive Areas or through other electronic devices.
- Modifications to website
We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our web site or the content available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated any new features including new content, shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- You must ensure that the Personal Information you provide is accurate and complete and that all ordering or registration details (where applicable) contain your correct name and other requested details.
- If you choose to register on this Website, you will be asked to enter a username and password (“Log-in details”). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of these Log-in details and must not allow anyone else to use these Log-in details. You must not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user of the Website to gain access to those parts accessible only to registered users. You must not maliciously create additional accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Website, or other users nor pass yourself off as another user. You must immediately inform us of any unauthorised use of your Log-in details.
- Availability of our web site
We will try to make our web site available but cannot guarantee that our web site will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability.
You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our web site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, web site, router or any other internet connection device.
- Prizes and Rewards
- The determination of prize winners and recipients for any rewards shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of IOA.
- Any recipient of a prize or reward shall, on accepting the prize or reward, be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the donor or grantor of the prize or reward (as the case may be). In particular, and without limiting the generality of this, any prize shall be non transferrable and non redeemable for cash or for any other prize or reward.
- Other than in relation to prizes awarded directly by IOA, any prize or reward made available by any partner shall not be redeemable or be claimed from IOA.
- In the event of the breach of these Terms and Conditions any prize or reward shall be forfeit and IOA accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, claim, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered.
- Any decision by IOA in relation to any prize or reward under its control shall be regarded as final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Should you be chosen as one of the winners of our competitions, your full name and city will be displayed on social media platforms and our weekly newsletter.